Feeding Feet to Thai Fishes

Sawadee Ka ~ Hello (spoken if you are a woman)
Sawadee Krap ~ Hello (spoken if you are a man)

Sawadee Ka, everyone! I write to you in the Land of Smiles, Thailand! I am actually in the thick of my workshop, and haven’t really gone shopping as of yet. However, me and my colleagues from the Philippines had the opportunity to visit Sua Lum Night Market last night, and it was just breathtaking.

The most interesting and the most memorable part of it would have to be the Thai Fish Massage, which lasts for about 15 to 30 minutes, depending on your tolerance and your wallet. Basically, a fish massage parlor is just a stall which hosts a huge aquarium full of tiny little fishes which eagerly awaits your feet. I’ve read somewhere that you can find these stalls almost everywhere In Bangkok, but in our case, we found it in Sua Lum Night Bazaar.


It starts off to be excruciatingly ticklish, and therefore would work best if you are with friends, because I guarantee that even the most prudent and the most stoic person cannot help but laugh out loud.



That’s what I did.

In fact, I do not think I laughed. I think I screamed, even, as this army of little fishes came rushing to my feet and started nibbling its way to wherever there was space. Make no mistake. It is not at all painful. The sensation feels like someone just tickled your whole feet in a much more comprehensive manner.





After a while, when the fish has settled comfortably to their nibbling position, I got used to it and found it pleasant. I was amazed that I was witnessing this symbiotic relationship happening at my feet. You feed the fish your dead skin cells, and they clean your feet in the process.

Overall, I think that every single person who visits Thailand MUST go get a fish massage. It’s cheap: averaging 150 Baht for 15 minutes, and 250 Baht for 30 minutes; it’s fun: you are sure to laugh OUT LOUD; and it’s one of a kind.





For now, this ranks way up high on my list of things to do in Bangkok. Of course I have yet to go to the famous Chatuchak Weekend Market, and I have yet to experience Thai Massage.

 HOT TIP FROM A LOCAL:

Are you more adventurous than I am?

If you are, go get a WHOLE BODY fish massage; For 1,000 Baht, you get a tubful of fishes eager to feast on your body. The thought of it makes me shudder, but hey, some people have done it and loved it. Whatever floats your boat, man.


2 comments:

Camille Santos said...

hahah.sis looks like youre having fun sa picture mo!...and the thought of whole body fish massage gives me shivers..parang nakakkiliti ata yun hehe

Sabo Skirt said...

hahahah that foot massage sounds like a lot of fun.

Ps. Thank you for sharing your beauty comment with us! We can't wait to try your lip scrub. It sounds delicious!

xx .sabo skirt.

www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails